Facebook uses a new system to organize ad campaigns in its platform. This system organizes your campaigns in a more effective way with three organization levels:
- Ad sets (different ads, with different budgets and different publishing dates)
This will help you create, manage, optimize and analyze your campaigns. However, you will most likely need professional help in order to truly get the most out of your campaign. Throughout the article you will notice why it’s easier to trust this task to our experienced team over here at 4SpotMarketing.
How to set-up a Facebook Ads Campaign
1. Your current situation
Analyze your current situation to determine if you actually need advertising. In an example case, if you want to promote e-books or templates, sometimes you can accomplish this or at least begin with organic sales, which you can obtain by improving your SEO (reach out to us to find out how). However, there might come a time when you feel like it’s necessary to improve your income through ad campaigns. In this case, it becomes necessary to use advertising as an alternative way to increase your income.
2. Objectives and Goals
Your objective is what you want to accomplish with your ad campaign and your goal is what you want to reach with that ad campaign. They are very different things even if they’re related. For example:
Main Objective: increase sales in your online store
Secondary Objective: have a 20% increase in sales through online advertising
Secondary Objective: not invest more than 15% of your products’ value in online advertising. So, for example, if your e-book costs $9.99, you shouldn’t spend more than $1.45-$1.49
- Increase your sales by 50%
- Not invest more than 5% per client through advertising
This might sound a bit far-fetched, however a goal is what helps you fight for what you want. While the objective can be seen as the minimum you can do. The goal should always be higher in order to keep you motivated and give it your all.
3. Defining the basics
There are some basic things you need to take into account when creating your campaign:
- Where the magic happens. If you’re looking to sell a product (following our previous example), then your usual product page wouldn’t work. That page is most likely not optimized for ad sales, which is why you’d need to create a landing page.
- How to measure the campaign’s effectiveness. Aside from Facebook Analytics, what other tools will you use to track your results as best as possible?
- How much you want to spend. This is the most important aspect. And here’s a key piece of advice, if you don’t have much, it’s better to spend it in a shorter ad period than try to stretch it. It’s a better idea to reinvest your income, so start with a basic budget and depending on the campaign’s effectivity, increase it or decrease it.
- How long your campaign will last. As we mentioned before, this will depend on your budget. You should start weekly and extend it if you see fit or make adjustments if you see it’s not working.
Best Practices for your Ad Campaign
If you want to create a truly effective campaign, follow these tried and true best practices.
- Don’t try to stretch your budget. When you’re low on cash, make your campaign shorter.
- If you want to obtain good results, remember that you sometimes have to invest more than usual.
- Analyze your campaign’s impact with good metrics. For example:
- Metric to see direct traffic to your ad; with your Analytics you’ll be able to see how many people are now visiting thanks to the campaign.
- Metric to see how many of those users ended up buying your product. If you have e-commerce on your site this will be easier through your CMS’s back-end. If you don’t, try using a form of measuring through your website.
- Use good pictures, if you need to buy stock images, go ahead, just make sure they are properly resized according to the official sizes.
- Take your time crafting good headings.
- Segment until you don’t have any options left
- Add calls to action if they fit your campaign (this is one of your best tools).
- Discounts and offers are very effective (especially in ads).
In order to get started with Creating an Effective Facebook Ads Marketing Campaign, contact 4Spot Marketing today. You can email us at [email protected] or call us at 702-721-9763. We offer a free consultation to determine what approach will serve your company best.
Originally posted 2018-03-29 01:40:04.